Sunday, March 3, 2013

iPad Mini Case


My sweet husband gave me an iPad mini for Christmas. I burst into tears when I read the engraving in the back. It's a quote from my favorite childhood book, Love You Forever.


I used to love it when my mom read this book to me before bed. After I had AJ, I immediately went on the hunt to buy him his own copy. Upon reading it again as a mother, I cried so much. I was an emotional mess! This is now AJ's favorite book too and he insists on me reading it to him every night. It meant so much to me to have my husband remember how much these words mean to me. Goes to show they really do pay attention to the little things!


I bought a hard case for it right after I got it so that it wouldn't get scratched, but I knew I eventually wanted to make a case for it. I played around with some blocks before deciding on a scrappy selvage look. I've been collecting selvages since I first learned of their "worth" a couple of years ago. It's always fun to sort through them and create little masterpieces with all my favorite collections.


I made the case to fit the hard case but then decided I didn't like the zig zags all that much. I went in search of a Gelaskin and found the perfect one for me! I adore this cute little girl standing on a pile of books. I knew she belonged on my iPad.


Hope you're having a great weekend! I'll be back soon with a little Easter giveaway! (There may or may not be a hint on my Instagram feed @greenletterday)

11 comments:

  1. LOVE the selvages Bonnie! So you! Such a sweet engraving too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been saving my selvages too, but not made anything with them yet, love the engraving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous case!! I wish I had an ipad to make one for! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love what you did here! What a cute wonderful case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful case Bonnie! Your husband is so sweet organising that engraving for you :) I have a huge stash of selvedges saved up, I'm just waiting for the right project, although I have to make a pincushion soon so that might be it! (for a couple anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your iPad mini case and the story behind the quote on the iPad! I have been looking for great children's books. I'll have to check out this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great case! I love all the colours!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice phone bag. Though, I ordered a customized wooden iphone case I also needed a phone pouch to carry my phone. The cases are so premium looking and durable. They are also eco-friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!