Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lately

This is going to be sort of a boring "work in progress" post. I don't have anything complete to show you but I have been working on quite a few things. My sister is having a baby at the end of July and I have been assigned a baby quilt. This is straight from my sister's head (and Pinterest boards). She bought some organic fabrics for me to work with that are based on the color scheme she has planned for the nursery and drew out what she wanted me to make with them. I have never worked with just solids before (or organic fabrics for that matter) so this was a little out of my comfort zone. But I like it.



She wants me to add some grey borders to the top and bottom so we'll see how that turns out. I've also been working on some bags for myself. I am making another 241 Tote (pattern here) using some Echino fabric. I've made five bags with this pattern and still have not had my fill of it. I also bought this book last weekend at B&N and am trying out a cute bag I saw in it using the yellow pearl bracelets fabric I recently got my hands on.



Other than that, I've been working on brightening up my craft room. I saw this picture at Target and just had to have it. I also put up some patchwork stuff on the walls and draped my heart string lights on my desk. I wish I could repaint these walls but my husband insists that there are a million other projects in the house we must attend to. So that'll have to wait.




I'm excited to get it all done so I can show you the entire room. There are still a few minor changes I want to make but so far, I'm happier with my cleaner work space. Hope your week has been productive! Have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. i love the fabrics you use. they are always so bright and happy! i got a PILE of fabric in the mail this week. it has been so fun! i on the other hand have done little to no sewing... ;) my anniversary week has been good! xo wish we could sew together. maybe we should plan a weekend getaway sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!