Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Graduation Gift

I'm so proud of my cousin, Erica, who is graduating as a Dental Hygienist in a few weeks! My family and I are going up there for her graduation and I wanted to make her something special.

I had pinned this pretty pillow a couple of months ago and decided it was a good time to try it out. I used rectangles instead of square patches and I added a thin border around the whole pillow.






I based the entire layout around the typewriter from Melody Miller's most recent line. I added American Jane pezzy print in pink and a pretty pink plaid from Denyse Schmidt's "Aunt Edna" collection. I tied everything together with a coral linen as a background. For the backing, I used Michael Miller Ta Dots in Bubble gum. Hope she loves it!


Next on my agenda is this Multi-Taster Tote by Anna Maria Horner. I'm thinking my Flea Market prints would be PERFECT for this bag. Can't wait to get it done!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie. How are you? Your cousin will love your gift!!!!
    Have a great day!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh bonnie! excellent excellent pillow! it is super cute! i know she will love it! i can't wait to see your new bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Bonnie! I love the diagonal pattern of quilting - it looks awesome! Love all the pinks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I can't wait to brighten up my sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgosh this pillow is amazing!!! Love all the prints but most of all I absolutely adore the type writer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgosh this pillow is amazing!!! Love all the prints but most of all I absolutely adore the type writer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and print from all of these fabrics! It truly is a cute pillow:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pillow! I have some of that typewriter fabric that I'm hoarding.

    I've made the Multi-Tasker Tote 4 times. It's a great pattern and comes together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun gift - lucky gal! Stopping by from Craft-o-maniac!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pillow. It is just so cute. Stopping in from TheStuffofSuccess - feel free to stop by and say hello. Have a great week. Athena

    ReplyDelete
  11. The above idea is very great and lovely , I like this type all colors, all work is very great , if you send it Pakistan it is very easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!